Monday, September 17, 2012

Brugada

                     I saw my doctor last Monday, and praise God that I am pretty much back to my normal self. No big tests, no more worries. I do have an iron deficiency but with the supplements I have been taking I already feel a difference. I still get tired fairly quickly depending on how active I am in a day, but for the most part I feel like I can carry on with my normal life style. We are very happy and relieved!
                  However with that being said, it was just discovered that my families carries a genetic heart disease that could be fatal if not diagnosed and treated. It is a fairly new in research and not many people are aware of its existence. It is called Brugada. Thankfully the treatment is simple and solves most issues that would be related to the heart. You can read more about it here: Brugada.org . I have to go in for testing at some point, probably sooner than later. The thing is, if I have it than my Mom has to have it and my Grandpa has to have it. If all three of us have it then we will all have to undergo surgery and have a pacemaker put it. In either case- whether we have it or not- I have no doubt that God is ultimately in control and if He allows it than so be it.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!