Friday, September 21, 2012

Brugada Update

                      It has been about two weeks since we discovered that I have a possibility of carrying the rare case of brugada syndrome. So far I have seen my one primary doctor, who is working hard to learn more about the syndrome and how to diagnose it. Just to get the genetic blood work lab has been a difficult almost near impossible feat. They can't even do this specialized test in Rochester, if that gives you any idea how rare and difficult this is to diagnose. Thankfully, my doctor is now in contact with one of the doctors who helped with my second cousin who was diagnosed with it. I won't be able to start any tests until my insurance goes through on October 1st, but we are hoping and praying that after that we will be able to get into testing quickly.

                        It turns out that I am actually dealing with all the same symptoms as my cousin who was eventually diagnosed with this syndrome so they are pressing the importance of getting and diagnose in me as soon as possible. There is still a small chance that I may have to go to a hospital in Philadelphia to get all of the testing and possible surgery. We should know more in the next few days as I work with my doctor to figure out what the best possible procedure would be.

                    Please keep Alex and I and my family in your prayers. We are trying to give this stress to God, but it is really difficult. Alex in particular is having a really hard time dealing with the stress of this.

          Thank you all so much! We will let you know when we get more information what is going to happen with the testing.

With Love,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!