Monday, August 13, 2012

What Should We Reflect

                     As our wedding day approaches I have found myself thinking often of our life as a married couple. What kind of life style should we be reflecting according to the word of God, as a believing couple compared to the reflection of most couples of the world? Where should our hearts and motives and dreams be set on? What kind of moral standards should we cling to and uphold at all cost? Some of the answers are obvious but I often catch myself and even Alex asking the question, "how much is enough to give, and uphold?" It is so easy to give as little as possible and only give what is convent in the means of time, money and energy, but how serious and how important is it to walk according to the image Christ set? What should our daily lives look like? I am realizing first hand that one of the most important things we will need to remember is that our life is not and should not be about us in a secluded individual sense, although it is vital that we give and care for each other according to the God ordained standards He set over us. But that as a couple we reflect the heart of Christ-being selfless, looking for and caring without grievance for needy and putting our heart and energy into the body of Christ- our family of believers.

                I have no questions regarding the fact that we are asked to give all of ourselves, but what will that look like for us? What will God ask us to give? Where will God lead us? There are passions that we share as a couple and passions that we have individually will God lead us according to those passions? What kind of a model will we set? How often will we get caught up in our own life and miss all of the incredible that God gives us to minister? As a wife and hopefully a mother someday, what kind of woman should I be and strive after, what should it look like in my life? What kind of people will we be giving our lives and time too? What will be my weaknesses and my strengths.

               In preparation of our life together a sea of questions, thoughts, and ideas billow around my head. There are so many possibilities and we have so much to learn and discover together and individually. It is kind of overwhelming somedays and yet invigorating filling my heart with awe and fear. I am continuing to have an enhanced understanding of what it means to fear the Lord in awe and reverence of His infinite power, wisdom and knowledge. He is endless and  His power is without comparison. The older I get and the more I learn the smaller and more insignificant I feel, the more I realize the necessity of dying to ourselves, because without God we really are nothing in comparison.

            I cannot wait to see where God leads us through the years. I want to learn, grow and mature in Christ Jesus and I want our lives to reflect Him in every area. I want to give selflessly and with reckless abandonment. Where ever we may go, whatever we may do, even if we must loose everything in the process. Pain and heartache is not always a bad thing, it refines us and produces strength and faith that can often only be discovered through trials.

       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!