Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Week From Today and Thoughts

                We are now officially one week away from our wedding. In just a few days we will be fully moved into our apartment and on the road to Bar Harbor Maine with our two close friends. I feel so blessed, and as the day gets closer I find myself getting more excited about our marriage, if that is even possible. For a while I was afraid to believe we were really getting married and that it was actually happening, but now that we are so close it feels like reality. I can relax, all the plans are made, everything is in motion and we are moving forward.

                The idea of being a wife is such a strange concept still. I am so afraid that I won't be a good and godly wife, that I will fail to be what God intends a wife to be for her husband and family. Alex is such an incredible leader and provider, I sometimes catch myself wondering if I will ever be able to who God wants me to be for him. I know it will be a learning process, and I take heart in the fact that God has surrounded me with many wonderful godly women; such as my own Mother, my Aunts and Grandmothers, and several wonderful woman in my church. I will have no lack of godly insight and counsel! Praise God for our elders and the mature godly people in our lives! What would we do without them?

             Through the last few months I have really grown to appreciate the counsel of elders in my church. When I was younger as most others, I believed I had all the answers, but God has been faithful in teaching me otherwise. I have learned so much from woman and men that I respect and honor in our body of believers. I have been given insight into situations I would have never learned within my own understanding and insight. I now meet with a wonderful woman from my church family and I treasure those minutes that we share weekly. She is such an inspiration and challenges me in ways I wouldn't have expected. Her heart and life is such a testament of the power of Jesus she has wisdom in particular situations that I wouldn't have ordinarily expected. God has used her wisdom and insight powerfully in my spiritual walk with Jesus.

            ....wow that was a  tangent. In any case I am so excited about the wedding. Alex and I continue to discover beautiful things about each other and I can't wait to walk this road with him as his wife, even if it takes a while for me to learn to be a good wife.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!