Friday, February 20, 2015

Home At Last

We are home.

It still feels a little alien to us; being in our own space once again. Boxes are still scattered abroad, nicknacks stuffed here and there until I can find the time to deal with them. We have clutter out our ears, which is ironic due to the mass amounts donating and decluttering we've done through this past year. We are a mess...but we are home.

Years ago my home would have been unpacked, decorated and filled to the brim with friends and family to celebrate. My pantry would be stocked and I'd feel like I had it mostly together. The new mom me is much less worried about the perfection and organization of my home and more concerned about the mini death traps and dirt scattered everywhere...Oh, and trying to console a miserable child almost 24 hours a day. My home looks and feels nothing like it would have even just a year ago.

When we first moved in...I was...let's say overwhelmed and maybe a little crazy about trying to get this place feeling like what I envisioned livable to be. Reality check: when you have a one year old (one that is both teething and still dealing with her mysterious leg/fever problem) eating, sleeping and semi-cleaning become the focus of life-every thing else goes to the wayside. Thankfully my mom was a huge help these past few weeks by helping me gain some ground with unpacking and bringing some warmth to the cold barren walls.

Even still as disorganized and disgraceful as our home may look, it is home and it feels good. I have my husband and my daughter to myself and the beautiful/sometimes overwhelming responsibilities of  a house wife and stay at home mom. Somehow food is on the table in the evenings and the baby cleaned and ready for bed. We are so excited to be home and look forward to settling in and living life together.

Will write more soon!

With an Earnest Love,
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!