Thursday, January 29, 2015

Faith Moves Finances


           Faith may not always move mountains, but this past month it has moved our finances. God has miraculously provided above and beyond our expectations and needs. Again. He alone has given us more than we had ever hoped. We find ourselves in moments of anxiety and doubt but He takes us by the hand and whispers "Trust Me, I have a plan.". Time and time again He shows us that He is the one who breathes life into us, He is the one who carries us. Nothing, not anyone person, circumstance, or situation is too great to thwart the will and power of God. He is great and worthy of praise.

          While God has provided for us again and again, I have to be honest and admit that we still often struggle with fear and a desire for control in our lives together. Our struggles have strengthened us in our faith considerably more than we imagined, but they have also left us weary of the blessings that pour out of the heart of God. We find ourselves wondering when things start to ease up,  'This is a wonderful blessing, but what is going to happen next? What great struggle is going to capture us in it's relenting grasp next? '.  What we fail to fully understand is that life is going to be filled with struggles, trials and tribulations, but just as we continue to walk this road and push through these rough patches, we also continue to experience the grace and joy of walking with the Lord as He pours out blessings and mercy. We walk hand in hand with a God who is greater than anything we could ever face (even when we can't understand the pain in the moment), yet we still forget and struggle to believe that God will take care of us (spiritually and physically). We try to do it all in our own strength (granted most of the time we just can't do it on our own),  but God still uses us and ministers to us, and we continue to grow in Him.

       I feel like an Israelite somedays; God preforms miracles in my life that are beyond me, only to have me turn a bling eye as soon as things become difficult. I grow weary and complain when I should be exalting and praising with faith and surety.  The beauty of Jesus and God's grace is that even though I fall short of the glory of God, He still made away for me. We grow and learn day by day. Sometimes we forget the goodness of God and sometimes we forget we are only here for a season. Today is another opportunity to rise above my insufficiency's and embrace the power of faith and Gods gracious mercies. I thank God that He is not done with me yet!


    *******************************************************


     We are two days away from our move and the official beginning to our year long entertainment fast. In two days we are walking into a new door to face another day as disciples of Christ. We hope and pray that as each day comes and goes we will walk closer to God, each other and the body of Christ. We pray that our lives continue to change radically for God. We want to be challenged and experience a real living relationship with the Lord of our hearts. Even if that means we have to struggle.

    My heart is aching and crying for more of God. I want to serve Him more, know Him more, and be a true reflection of Him. One of my greatest fears is to walk through this life only half invested in laying my life down for Him. I want our lives to be radically invested in Jesus. I want to be crazy for His sake. Less of me and more of Him. This is what I hope waits for my family around the bend.


What things are you looking for has your life rushes by? Where is your heart today? Leave a comment and let me know. I'm always happy and encouraged to hear from you.

With an Earnest Love,
Leah






       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!