Monday, October 14, 2013

Praying For A Safe Arrival

              I had my prenatal check up today, along with a precautionary ultrasound. Unfortunately, things are not going as smoothly as we have hoped they would. Charlie Ann is a very healthy active baby girl, weighing and measuring in the 49 percentile (a perfect little baby, but not too small) with a fabulous heart rate! However that being said my doctors have discovered symptoms that seem to threaten a preterm labor and delivery. We already knew that I was at risk for delivering early, however I never had any symptoms or signs confirming that I was threatening an early delivery. While we are very relieved to see such a healthy baby, we are very concerned about delivering too early. At this point in the pregnancy the chances of her surviving are above the 90 percentile, but that does not mean that she won't be facing a battle to thrive. Born too early, her lungs wouldn't be fully developed and she could have health problems that effect her through her lifetime. That being said, we know that nothing is impossible with God, and so we are asking that our friends and family pray for Charlie Ann. We are working with some great doctors, and we know that we are getting the best health care that we can get through this journey, so we need to leave the rest of it with God. We should know some more details next week when we go in for another ultra sound.

                 For now I am on partial bed rest again. I can walk to use the bathroom and get myself food, but I am not allowed to walk more than I need too. I am praying that God gives Alex and I the peace of mind and heart that we need to walk through these next several weeks. We are moving in a few weeks but with the complications we are having we are concerned about leaving me alone as much as I would be with Alex's work schedule. In any case, God has provided everything we have needed so far so we are going to try to trust that He is going to continue to provide! We are so thankful that we are surrounded by family who are willing to help us.

                Thank you all so much! We love you guys and hope we won't be sharing the news of Charlottes arrival too soon!


Love,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!