Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Day at a Time

          I go to bed with a whisper on my lips, holding the precious life within my ever swollen belly, thanking God for one more day where she would be safe in my womb and praying for another night to rest in the peaceful bliss of pregnancy. In these last few weeks the true beauty of pregnancy has resonated deep in my heart. So often in the midst of restless nights, frequent trips to the bathroom and the moments when I am convinced I cannot keep my lunch down a moment longer, it is easy to loose sight of the precious miracle growing inside of me. The beauty of love does not lie in the self gain of a friend, lover or child; the things or benefits you gain out of that relationship. The true beauty of a love story is nothing less than the sacrifices and selfless demonstration of giving ourselves for the sake of our loved one without a thought or hope of receiving anything in return.

        Nothing is more lovely than watching a mother suffer joyfully for her unborn babe. The glow of pregnancy is simply a myth. People say it to make the barfing, swollen, sweating, man portion eating, and fainting woman and a half feel better. A true glow comes from the things we willingly sacrifice for the sake of the life within us. Realizing that I would go through anything in the world to see my daughter come into this world safely, has helped me understand the kind of selfless love that God had for us when He sent Jesus and watched Him die a horrific death and pay the penalty of our sins for our sakes. I don't love the pain and discomfort that has come with this pregnancy, but I do love that everyday I have the opportunity to sacrifice myself for my daughter. I would rather endure painful contractions, and horrible procedures on a regular biases for the sake of ensuring a healthier life for my little girl than to watch her struggle to grow and thrive. 


        These last few weeks have been long and stressful, but full of life and beauty as well. Our beautiful daughter is still snuggled safe inside me and doing so well! We have had the opportunity to see her in multiple ultra-sounds and got some incredible pictures of her little face! We also learned that she has a full head of hair already! I am doing okay for right now, though I am being watched very closely by my doctors. As of today things are looking well, and we pray for another day! God certainly has a plan of His own regardless of what we believe could happen in the next several weeks. What ever may come of this situation we do trust that He has a hand over us and is holding our baby in His safe embrace.

       My husband and I have been so incredibly blessed by the encouragement and prayers we have received through the last few weeks! It is no doubt that God uses the words and prayers of His disciples to move in the lives of others! God has been using each and everyone of you to help Alex and I through this, we cannot thank you enough.


Love,
Leah
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!