Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Today-Our Situation

Hi everyone,
       
              So over the course of the weekend, we ended up being kicked out of our apartment after confronting our Land Lord about our mold issue. 
 
Unfortunately she wasn't very understanding, and we were forced to be entirely moved out by Sunday evening, even though we were bullied into paying for the month of April. So over the course of Friday afternoon and evening with the help of two close friends we managed to pack up the whole apartment. Saturday my Dad and brother brought over their twelve passenger van and loaded up our stuff and took it to a temporary storage solution generously provided by the Harbor church. In two days we somehow managed to pack, move, and entirely clean our apartment. We have been unable to find any appropriate housing situations so far, but we are hopeful in our search. Until we are able to get into another apartment or living situation, my parents have courteously taken us in and so we continue our search. 

Even though things haven't yet worked out completely we are both so relieved to be out of the situation and hope that within the next few days to see a big difference in our health. God has been providing every step of the way and opportunities are opening up and  we are excited to see what God may have in store for us. 

For the timing being, it has been strange being back in my parents house. After months of being on my own and married, it is the most foreign concept to be back living with my family. Part of me still feels like we are going to get my mom's 'evil eye' if we are caught kissing in the kitchen or told that we aren't allowed on the same floor at night when we start to go upstairs to bed for the night. Sleeping in my old room is like walking into a forbidden land. Memories of the year prior and the 'rules' coming flooding back. I feel so naughty waking up in the same bed as my husband in my old bed room. It is been a funny adjustment. In addition to my family, there is also a single mother and her three beautiful children staying in the home. It is a full house overflowing with noise of laughter, screaming, and running throughout. I forgot how noise a house full of children can be. It is strangely refreshing. 

I am so thankful that my parents have such a large house and can handle the chaos of so many families at once. It is going to be a fun couple of weeks as we figure out where we are going. 

I promise to let you all know how things work out and where God leads us. 

Love to all,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!