Friday, April 12, 2013

A Tribute to an Incredible Family

             For the last seven to eight months, I have worked with three incredible children and their parents. I have watched the twins go from crawling to standing to walking, and their sweet sister grow a year older all the more sweet and smart. I have watched this family grow, worked with them through some rough weeks, as they worked with me. I have nannied for several families, but this family will always have a special place in my heart. The thought of little Emma will always bring a smile to my face.  I have been so blessed to know and work with this family, I thank God for the moments both sad and happy and I'd never change a day I had with them. No words will ever suffice as an adaquate description of the love I have for this family.

             Today was my last day working for this beloved family. It was one of the most difficult last day's I have ever been through. I fought back tears all day as Chase's dimple smile flashed at me while sitting on my lap, and when Sophia giggled as I played tickle monster, and as Emma snuggled up next to me with to watch Cinderella. My heart broke in two as I walked out that door today. I am so happy that it is not goodbye forever, but I will still miss our lazy movie days, or moments baking in the kitchen, and playing with the babies on the floor. I am excited with where God is leading me and Alex, but I cannot keep the misery of our parting away.

            Thank you to the Clukey family for the incredible last months I have had to share with you. I will always love you and miss you. You have each taught me so much and I will never forget you!

With all my love,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!