Friday, October 12, 2012

A Little Big Surprise

               It is amazing to watch God work and take control of our lives. We seem to think we can control our plans and make our goals but Alex and I are learning over and over again that the more we try to take a hold on our plans the more often God takes it out of our hands. We are also learning that even when He asks us to do hard things and allows pain and suffering He always has a plan, and He always knows best. He knows how to heal, how to restore, how to lead and just what we need. These last few months have been beyond challenging- testing our faith, devotion and commitment to His leading. We have struggled with one tribulation only to run into another. Most days it felt like we were drowning under the weight of our convictions, wondering if we would ever get through the pain and doubt, over the sickness and infections. But we did. And God allowed one of the most beautiful things in the world to bring healing and restoration within our families.
               
                   When Alex and I took a stand a few months ago for what we believed in I never imagined that God would use this to bring healing and health. We never dreamed of being blessed with such a gift so early in our marriage. But God knew that a baby would make the difference. Our Lord and Savior said "Trust Me and walk down this narrow road and I will be with You all the way.". Just a month and a half in our marriage in the midst of sickness and infection; against every odd we conceived a child. In my womb a baby (or two) grows and matures and everyday I am amazed.
                 
                  We found out this past Saturday and we still can't believe that this is real. It is a beautiful dream become real. We just pray that we can get through the critical months without a miscarriage. The next two months will be like walking on glass praying all the while for the life of our baby. Our tentative due date is June 6th! I am six weeks and 2 days today and already beginning to show even though our baby is only about as big as my fingernail and looks more like a seahorse than anything else. But I guess that is what I get for being so tiny though I couldn't be happier about showing my little baby bump already. I want everyone in the world to know. I suppose that is just the overwhelming joy of a budding Mother and Father.
                 
                    Due to all of the changes and challenges over the last few months. We are going to take our time starting up on school. We want to enjoy each other and our marriage which has been little more than a blur these last few months. With a baby on the way now we want to take advantage of our last few months of just the two of us! 

                 Today also marks the first meeting of a woman's prayer group that two of my close friends and I are beginning to start. I am sure that there will be no shortage of stories to tell with God involved. It seems to me that anytime I or anyone focuses on God in anything, somehow things start sinning around way out of control filling our lives with trials and blessings without comparison! I can't wait to watch what God will begin within our little group.

              We are so excited to be pregnant! My first appointment with my Midwife isn't until November 1st but I am sure these next few weeks will fly by! Alex and I are so excited to be parents! I find myself falling in love with  him all over again at his excitement and joy, and falling in love with our little seahorse.

            Thank you all for your prayer, love and support through the last few months! We are so excited to share our news with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!