Monday, December 1, 2014

Jesus Saved Me


So I’ve taken this 500 word challenge for everyday through the entire following month, and though typically I am one to love words in plenty - tonight I am left with a quiet heart and an even less active mind. I am so simply content. I am content with where God has us. Thankful for how He is leading us and providing for us. I am blessed with my marriage and the intimate and deep friendship I share with my husband. I am listening with joy to the noisemaker in the room next to me drowning out the sounds from the house while my very own miracle sleeps. I have clothes and food and so much more than I actually ‘need’. More than anything else I have peace through Jesus and the Holy Spirit. If I had nothing else in this life the peace and grace of God would be enough to leave me as speechless as I am right now. 

I don’t know where I’ll end up in this life, but through the last several years I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter where I am, God is there. As long as I give my heart completely and I strive to walk as a living sacrifice for Christ, there is nothing in this world that can pull me away from where God wants me, or come in between His plans for my life.  I’m learning over and over again that God is so much greater than this world. He is greater than me, you and everything else under the heavens. I am learning that when I am not enough, He is ever more. I am learning that though I fail, fall and sin over and over, Jesus not only payed the price for it, but sent the Holy Spirit to continue teaching me, helping me and drawing me closer to God. 

I may not have everything all together. The truth is, most of the time I am a real mess. But I am a broken, messy creature, who is being made new every day. When I judge harshly, without mercy, or grace, God shows me and teaches me. When I struggle to find the words, or to love selflessly, He covers me and leads me by the hand. When I cry out for wisdom because my fallen mind cannot fathom, God gives it freely. When I pray- He hears me. He puts people in my life to hold me accountable, to encourage and admonish. He is for me. He gave for me.

There are no words to sum up the life, relationship, and passion I have with Christ Jesus. There is nothing that can compare to the pursuit of Christ. No- nothing in this world could fulfill the drive and endless craving to know God more to serve Him more. As long as I live - though I will fall- I will serve Him with all of my heart. It is that simple.  I don’t need five hundred to tell you where my heart is or what petty thing has next captured me in some romantic fantasy. My life and passion can be summed up in three words: Jesus Saved Me.

With an Earnest Love,

Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here!